P20F04D-12L display with HUB40A interface and 16×8 2R1G1B pixels

original article in roumanian languagedP9260170This display module named P20F04D-12L has 16×8 pixels, each made with 2R1G1B leds (2 red leds, one green led & one blue led).

For power supply it use 5V (VCC & two VDDs):dP9260171dP9260173and interface for control is named HUB40A:dP9260172dP9260174Usual, this modules are used as street display with maximum 8 rows:dP9260176and cascaded on columns:
eP9260170
I search for info about HUB40A interface, but i found few usefull datas:HUB40Aand I found on board 2 chips 74HC245 and 32 chips MBI5026.bP9220176MBI5026GFDisplay has 2 big zone (upper & bottom rows), each with 4 square (4×4):HUB40A_vs_human_eyesData is put serial like as ususal shift register, just there is 2 zone & 4 colour (2 red, 1 green & 1 blue):text_HUB40AFor control the display module I use a Arduino with this schematic:HUB40A Arduino test schematic

For power this module I use a 5V/40A power supply module (can be used for 4 display modules).

First, I change a sketch from www.arduino.cc/en/Reference/ShiftOut and now I see a “picture” with my name with base colour:IMG_20150924_134820IMG_20150924_134833IMG_20150924_134826I made a movie named afisaj 2R1G1B cu interfata HUB40A controlat de Arduino

Then, I put 2 colours to made other colour:IMG_20150924_155128IMG_20150924_155123IMG_20150924_155118and I made a new movie named afisaj 2R1G1B cu interfata HUB40A controlat cu Arduino (2)

Finally, I put all colour (one red, one blue & one green):IMG_20150924_155446Next step was to put text at bottom zone:P9250170P9250170xP9250171 (1)and using both zones:P9250173and I made a new movie named afisaj 2R1G1B cu interfata HUB40A controlat cu Arduino (3)

I put at middle of display:P9250170 (1)P9250171 (1)P9250172 (1)

like in movie https://youtu.be/muSU_hueHlk

then I use 2 colours:P9250171xP9250172xP9250170y

like in nest movie named afisaj 2R1G1B cu interfata HUB40A controlat de Arduino (5)

and “white”using one red, one green and one blue:P9250170ylike in movie named afisaj 2R1G1B cu interfata HUB40A controlat de Arduino (6)

For this movie I use sketch HUB40A_test4m1g.ino !!!

I change the “picture” for use all pixels from display:text2_HUB40Aand I got next cases:P9250170zP9250178zP9250177zP9250175zP9250173zP9250171z

like in movie named afisaj 2R1G1B cu interfata HUB40A controlat de Arduino (7)

For this cases, I use sketch named HUB40A_test4m1h.ino !!!

With 2 display modules, I can put a clock:eP9260170 (1)

You may also like...

22 Responses

1. Hello Dear, are you genuinely visiting this site on a
    regular basis, if so after that you will without doubt obtain good knowledge.

2. deny kusniawan says:

dear sir,

can you help me.
    i need arduino for HUB40A 16×8
    you can send totorial code C++ / video.????
    thankyou.

Best Regans,
    denyKus

3. I always spent my half an hour to read this web site’s articles or reviews everyday along with a cup of coffee.

4. I am now not certain the place you’re getting your information, but
    good topic. I needs to spend a while finding out much more or working out more.
    Thanks for excellent info I used to be in search of this info for my mission.

5. Yes! Finally someone writes about black scholes model for dummies.

6. Hey! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a collection of volunteers and starting a new initiative
    in a community in the same niche. Your blog provided us valuable
    information to work on. You have done a outstanding job!

7. Jan57 says:

Our goal is to provide you with the simplest method of downloading the newest versions of the pre-eminent software – without the usual visit here unjustifiable popups or spyware and without the low calibre software. bodybuilding mature women in action.avi. Not the wealthiest software, we cynosure clear on distinction not quantity. We take care the archaic versions of programs, so if you update and don’t like the latest manifestation, you can everlastingly return to the old one. Datalogic memor driver windows 7.

8. This post is priceless. How can I find out more?

9. It’s hard to find knowledgeable people about this subject, however,
    you seem like you know what you’re talking about!
    Thanks

10. Byro says:

Hello Nicu, i have square led panels, can you tell me what to change in software for those ?

• Nicu FLORICA says:

Hi,
      What kind of led panel you have?

• Byro says:

Hello Nicu, my panels are SANSUN P12FL2S4T3528C, 16/16 leds.
        Those have 10×2 pins connectors for IN and for OUT another 10×2 and same IC-s as your panels.
        I can put pictures if you need.
        Thank you very much.

11. dani says:

“Greetings! Very helpful advice within this post! It is the little changes which will make the greatest changes. Thanks for sharing!”

12. When I initially commented I appear to have clicked the
    -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now every time a comment is added I recieve four
    emails with the same comment. Is there an easy method you are able
    to remove me from that service? Thank you!

13. I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my
    own blog and was curious what all is needed to get set up?
    I’m assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny?

I’m not very web savvy so I’m not 100% certain. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Appreciate it

14. Remarkable! Its truly amazing post, I have got much clear idea concerning from
    this paragraph.

15. jordan shoes says:

It is best to participate in a contest for among the best blogs on the web. I will advocate this website!

16. There may be noticeably a bundle to know about this. I assume you made certain nice points in options also.

17. Byro says:

Hello Nicu, my panels are SANSUN P12FL2S4T3528C, 16/16 leds.
    I can put pictures if you need.
    Can you tell me what to change in software for this panels ?
    Thank you very much.